Southwest's offer for Republic (at the time of recording) Jetblue's $599 flight pass Continental's regional flight ...
New pet relief area at American's JFK ...
I should rename this episode: "the one that made my computer crash". But I think I already did that. Please join us for this (late) edition of Upgrd where we discuss the news and playing travel agent for friends, work, and family. In addition we discuss:
- Pet Airways
- Matthew's Trip Back
- and more...
This week we are joined by David a frequent traveler on El Al to discuss the inflight service and amenities as well as their frequent flyer program. We hope that this will be the first of many podcasts covering international airlines to broaden our coverage of airline programs worldwide. This week we discuss:
- Matthew's trip to Israel - including the Airbus scare that caused some passengers to deboard
- El Al's onboard food and catering
- King David lounges
- Upgrades, not dogs and more ...
In this week's frequent flyer discussion we discuss the details of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program. In addition we discuss:
- The Alaska Airlines Board Room lounge
- Status and earning levels on AS
- Upgrades and their first class product
- And news including Delta's loads on LAX-SYD, the red dress kerfuffle at Delta for flight attendants of size, and US Airways continued reduction in services - this time the closure of the LAS lounge
Please leave comments or questions below!
In this week's discussion we cover airline news, Star Alliance and Red Carpet Club domestic lounge access, and Ben's tour of beautiful LAX airport. Also we discuss:
- Delta's recent fine for the way it handled denied boarding and compensation
- Viewer mail on credit card earning for hotel stays, an EWR flyer's question about where to credit miles after reaching Platinum on CO, and questions about the United Mileage Plus Dining program
- A review of RCC member access to other star alliance clubs while traveling domestically on UA
- and more...
Please leave feedback below or through the Contact Us link at the top of the page.
How does scheduling work? How has the job changed since you started? What are your best airline jokes? ...
The differences in the elite programs between Hertz, Avis, National, ...
Free upgrades vs coupon or sticker paid ...
Is the standby option ...
Join us in this week's frequent flyer discussion about the Priority Club hotel loyalty program. We try to answer the "how much is a point worth" question specifically in relation to a much cheaper stay on priceline. Also we discuss:
- United twares and other twitter nonsense
- Irate United 1Ks
- SkyAmerica - destined to failure before it launches?
- Priority Club promotions
- Value of PC points
- Intercontinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador program
Please email questions or leave a comment below.
Our contributors had a number of questions for Scott, but to keep things to ...
The disturbing Continental 3407 NTSB recreation video The poor American Airlines ...
FlyerTalk TalkBoard and why Gary ...
After a short break we are back with our next frequent flyer podcast. This week we are joined by Josh, a frequent contributor to our podcast and upgrd.com website. Josh has some good information on:
- The American Airlines Business Extraa program - find out how you can get even more points from American
- The new 737-800 cabin on American Airlines that we briefly discussed last time
We also discuss:
- Hunter's non-love from Delta
- and a special shocking request from Hunter for our listeners
Write in below!
In this week's first class podcast we talk about:
- Ben's trials and tribulations in economy (gasp!)
- Video of American Airlines new 737 seats
- United's new policy for passengers of size
- Clarification on Ben's "always have upgrade instruments available" claim
We are taking next week off, so check back in two weeks for our next episode. Please leave comments below.
Gray's recent trip to Uzbekistan, including how you get there on Star Alliance Matthew's 95,000 United miles accrued already A free op-up on Emirates Our ...