United Airlines is running a "Map Your Dreams" promotion in which the lucky recipients of the targeted offer can earn up to 25,000 bonus award miles based on future travel on United.
Flyertalkers have reported receiving different offers, but the most common offer is:
- 1 RT: 5K RDM bonus
- 2 RT: 10K RDM bonus
- 4 RT: 25K RDM bonus
Travel must have been booked after 15 April and completed by 15 July.
I tried to sign up myself and received the message below, so it is indeed strictly targeted. Still, give it a shot by clicking on the link above and inputting your MileagePlus number--maybe the e-mail went to your spam box.
For those fortunate recipients, there are a number of opportunities to rack up these bonus miles for very little out of pocket. Here are some sample fares (including taxes):
- Denver (DEN) to Amarillo, TX (AMA) for $80 r/t
- Los Angeles (LAX) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $94 r/t
- San Francisco (SFO) to Modesto, CA (MOD) for $140 r/t
- Houston (IAH) to Austin (AUS) for $99 r/t
- Newark (EWR) to Boston (BOS) for $144 r/t
Here's the fine print of the offer:
1. Offer valid only for original recipients of email or direct mail invitation.
2. To qualify, register for the offer before travel, then purchase and complete paid qualifying roundtrips to any destination worldwide on United– or United Express®–operated flights.
3. Ticketing period: 04/15/12 through 07/15/12.
4. Travel period: 04/15/12 through 07/15/12, excluding 07/03/12–07/05/12.
5. On specific number of paid qualifying roundtrip flights (as outlined in the offer) members can earn 5,000 bonus award miles, 10,000 bonus award miles or up to a maximum of 25,000 bonus award miles.
6. Bonus award miles do not count toward Premier® status and do not apply to class-of-service, Premier bonus miles or promotional Premier qualifying miles (PQM).
7. Offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
8. Offer is not valid on government fares.
9. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the destination city back to the origin city.
10. Offer is not combinable and can be earned a maximum of one time. Bonus is credited 6–8 weeks after promotion end date of 07/15/12.
11. E-Ticket® purchase required. Tickets purchased in the US through United Reservations are subject to a $25 ticketing fee, and tickets purchased at airport ticket counters are subject to a $30 ticketing fee. Fees subject to change.
12. Flight activity must be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account in order to qualify for this offer.
13. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
14. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. For complete details about the MileagePlus program, go to united.com.