A 50 minute flight with a full catered meal and dessert? Are we talking about some far off international carrier? No of course not, unfortunately though you will need a time machine.
Listen in to our semi-historical talk about our earliest flight memories as we are joined by veteran traveler Todd, a meterologist at an east coast University. We discuss:
- United premier travel plus - devaluing status? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125296377430509937.html
- CO's old flights to/from BOS/DEN on the A300. Carved roast beef at your seat.
- Flying TW's L-1011 BOS-ORY service, and being the only one in F.
- TWA 747 BOS/JFK/BOS repositioning flight where upgrades were free and easy.
- Almost never missing an upgrade on Eastern Shuttle in the 80s thanks to their "Executive Traveller Program."
- Knowing how to get an F seat on the "all coach" Eastern Shuttle. Sometimes they put an L-1011 or A300 on the LGA/BOS service, and savvy flyers would enter the L2 door and turn left instead of right. An F seat was yours for the taking!
- American Airlines 747 with piano
We will be live streaming from the San Diego Film Festival next weekend, make sure you join us and send your question live at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/upgrd (Link will work Saturday, September 26 at 4pm PST)