This week we are joined by Phil from nycaviation.com to discuss planespotting in and around the airport. NYCAviation is an airline news and resource organization geared towards enthusiasts. for the past 6 years, they have looked to serve those with a passion for aviation even far outside New York both on and off of the internet. We discuss:The recent Hawaiian airlines flight that turned back due to a passenger comment card Matthew's recent blog post about theft in the air ...
This week's frequent flyer podcast covers some news and our predictions for 2010. If last year's predictions are any indication only thing I can predict with certainty is how broken our crystal balls are. We discussed:
- Continental CEO forgoes pay until profitable http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6798733.html
- Our travel goals for 2010
- Our guess as to whether or not double elite qualifying miles (DEQM) will be back and how many times it will be offered.
- Our predictions for upcoming changes to frequent flyer programs and the airlines.
Please send in your predictions or add them to the comments below.
As 2009 comes to a close we record our thoughts on the year and review our predictions from January. Due to the holidays we were unable to get everyone online at the same time. So Matt, Matthew, Fozz, Mike and a special guest recorded when we could. So be prepared for people coming in and out of the conversation.
We are not recording again until the later in the first week of January, so look for the next Upgrd podcast shortly thereafter. In the mean time make sure you check out the first episode of The Crew Lounge which will be online shortly after the new year.
Thank you to all our readers, listeners and guests for making 2009 a great year!
This week we are joined by Sara from theflyingpinto.com blog and Bobby from upupandagay.com. Both are bloggers working in the airline industry who have a special announcement about a new Upgrd podcast coming up soon. We also discussed:
- Craig Ferguson's recent rant against Continental Airlines
- Continental Airlines recent announcement about new benefits
- The 787 first flight
- Tipping shuttle drivers
- The importance of "please" and "thank you"
- The new podcast format and content
Send in your topics for the new show!
Last week we recorded episode 48 where we discussed some recent blog posts including:
- Matthew's recent bumps
- Josh finally finding good food
- Machu Pichu
- Damian's upcoming cruise trip report
- and Fozz's trip to the night club
No recording this week, so please check out the discussion regarding Continental's system wide upgrade announcement and other news in the blogs.
I know the title is absurd as we all know the answer is "why else would you book a flight?". Marketplace, from American Public Media, is looking for "frequent fliers who have booked travel towards the end of the year for the sole purpose of bumping up their elite status".
I am guessing we can send a few readers and listeners their way. If interested in participating, they have a survey at http://bit.ly/4S0eKs