Complying with new federal guidelines mandating that airports provide "service animal relief areas" for animals that accompany passengers, Frodo now has a place to play if you are traveling through WAS.
Both Reagan National and Dulles have made available multiple areas for service animals and pets to take care of business.
- Outside Terminal A at two (2) locations near the main traffic circle
- Outside Terminal B across from the entrance to the Metrorail station
- Outside Terminal C across from the entrance to the Metrorail station
Pre-Security, Outdoor Locations
- Outside of the Main Terminal on the east end of the Departures level. Go out the doors closest to the United Airlines ticket counter and turn right.
- Outside of the Main Terminal on the west end of the Departures level near the walkway to Daily Garage 2. Go out the doors closest to the Delta ticket counter and turn left.
- Outside of the Main Terminal on the east end of the baggage claim level. Follow signs near Baggage Claim #1 which say "Service Animal Relief Area."
Post-Security, Indoor Locations
- A and B-Gates: Between the concession area and Gate A-31. See a gate agent to obtain access.
- C and D-Gates: Across from Gate D-1. See a gate agent to obtain access.
Lest you be concerned about the olfactory ramifications of these indoor "play" areas, the indoor grass areas feature ventilation and flushing systems.
Pet area outside Terminal A at DCA (left) and outside UA Main Terminal check-in at IAD (right)
photos courtesy of MWAA