The Mileage Millionaire
Gene is a pension actuary who splits his time between San Francisco and Atlanta. Between his bi-weekly commute from Atlanta to San Francisco, Gene travels to the corners of the globe. He flew more than 425,000 miles in 2009 and 2010, and is in on track for a similar total in 2011.
Gene has accumulated more than 10 million miles over the last eight years, primarily through flying and credit card churning and spending. He holds top published status with the three largest US airlines -- Delta Airlines Diamond Medallion, United Airlines 1K, and American Airlines Executive Platinum. In addition, Gene is a loyal customer of InterContinental hotels, having been a Royal Ambassador for seven years.
Gene's blog provides tips for securing upgrades and accumulating miles, plus reviews of his travels around the world. Gene can be reached at [email protected]
- DEQM and DRDM on American through March 31, 2012!! Oct 27
- United Brings Back Double EQMs!! May 20
- Delta Eliminates Mileage Expiration Feb 15
- Sweet Deal: US Airways' Off-Peak Awards to Europe and South America Dec 03
- Lufthansa "Enhances" Its Frequent Flyer Program (i.e., Devalues Its Award Chart) Nov 30